NANCY FORD CONES Photographs of Mariemont 1926
Nancy Ford Cones (1869 - 1962) was commissioned by
the Mariemont Company in 1926 to photograph the new town of Mariemont. She
rented her Loveland farmhouse and moved to Mariemont for one year , with her
husband James and daughter Margaret. The family lived in the house opposite the
church on the northwest corner of Elm and Oak Streets.
Read a biography of Nancy Ford Cones
LIBRARY OF CONGRESS Photographs
Now available online by the Library of Congress, the images in the
Administration-Office of War
Information Collection are among the most famous documentary photographs
ever produced. Created by a group of U.S. government photographers, the images
show Americans in every part of the nation. The core of the collection consists
of about 164,000 black-and-white photographs. Photographs of Mariemont homes and
buildings, taken between 1935 and 1942, appear in this collection.
View Library of Congress Photos